We are now an authorized Gen-Y trailer hitch dealer and currently have Gen-Y trailer hitches in stock.
Easy Hitch has continued to develop the Gen-Y Hitch line which currently encompasses eight Class IV hitches as well as 3 Class V models. All of these hitches are designed with multiple stacked receivers that enable the three ball ball mount, to be easily adjusted for height and have weight capacities from 10,000 lb to 20,000 lb.
Q: Where do I find what my GVWR is?
A: Your GVWR should be stated in your owner's manual. If not contact your local dealer.
Q: Do all ball mounts have the same rating?
A: No, all ball mounts should be clearly marked for specific weight ratings. All ball mounts should have weight rating, ball size and the manufacturer stamped on top of the ball.
Q: How do I know what class hitch I need for my vehicle?
A: This depends on a number of different factors. Refer to the chart below:
Class IV Hitches
- Designed for trucks, vans and sport utility vehicles 2" x 2" receiver hitch opening
- Rated up to 12,000 lbs GTW and 1,000 TW
- Works with all Class III and IV accessories
- Class I and Class II (1-1/4") hitch accessories can also be used with an adapter
- Class IV hitch balls require a 1-1/4" diameter shank
Class V Hitches
- Designed for heavy-duty trucks or vans to tow larger trailers
- 2-1/2" x 2-1/2" receiver hitch opening
- Specially designed to handle heavy duty towing
- With a weight distribution system you can handle up to 18,000 lbs with 1,800 lbs of tongue weight
- Can use any class III or IV accessory with use of a reducer sleeve